Tuesday, January 9, 2024

grampa's great e-bike adventure

 As funny as it sounds...

It all starts with this goofy old man's dream to ride an e-bike across country





          
         

            Anyway, let's get started on this adventure...

            I recently retired and can now put my plans into action. I want to take off on my e-bike and "ride off into my sunset." I've designed (in my mind over the past 15 years or so) a solar charging trailer to keep my bike charged. I mean, I'm over 70, I NEED some peddle assist and you can't just stop and plug in at a Wendy's for four hours to recharge the batteries. Although I did try that once when I was testing how far a fully charged battery could get me.

            Although they did let me sit there for several hours (probably because I'm old and have that unkept homeless charisma working for me) it wasn't enough to fully recharge the battery but got me going and after a couple more short stops got me back home. It also made me realize I needed a second battery.

So three bikes and years later I'm ready to build the trailer and start the adventure...FOR REAL!

!!READ ALL ABOUT IT !!

              And in my mind, I could put the whole thing together. And it worked!

but...

There's always a but stinking up my life


              Originally, I bought a 1953 three-wheel bicycle with a big seat and a big metal basket on the back, I think it was Schwinn. I ordered an electric motor online. It was on a slow boat from China... eventually it arrived... in a beat-up box ... a lot of little pieces and wires and no wiring instructions. I can do this but...

the bike was stolen


            and then


I watched this video and came up with another plan

                                                           !! READ ALL ABOUT IT !!
            E MAIL ME at jwwhite@mail.com

                        I don't know about you but every day I run into a vast array of panhandlers. From the people gathering around the exits of my local grocery store to the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts; to backpacks for kids; to helping veterans...it all comes down to asking you for money.

             It's gotten even worse!

            Both political parties; pundits on every side of every issue; candidates, conmen and everything in between... in my e-mail, text messages and 25 or more phone calls a day trying to sell me something or tell me something and please help the cause.


for more information
            E MAIL ME at jwwhite@mail.com

                    
            Now here I am, wanting to partake of this high tec panhandling boom. I didn't want to collect social security, but pain and age forced me to apply... I get Social Security and I will have Part B Medicare starting in February, 2024. I will write more about the plans and developments, but it would be a great relief if I could get 20 people to e-mail me for information.

                                                                            !! READ ALL ABOUT IT !!

          SO, I bought a used e-bike and a kid trailer and ta da... a wee bike that you hook to a bike to make it a bicycle built for two



like this....


 I built the trailer out of the kid trailer....using the above video as a guide








No comments:

Post a Comment

Update on my Go Fund Me; my battle with cancer; and my adventure

  LATEST UPDATE      It hurts to eat .... it hurts to talk                                                      HERE IS WHERE WE'RE AT: ...