Monday, February 5, 2024

Update on my Go Fund Me; my battle with cancer; and my adventure




 LATEST UPDATE

     It hurts to eat .... it hurts to talk

                                                     HERE IS WHERE WE'RE AT:
          It's all the fault of my own stupidity.... 

UCHealth did not cover my treatment, but....
 I have Medicare part A and B and have insurance and everything I need in effect NOW.. 

                                                    HERE IS WHERE WE'RE AT: UCHealth has given me one chemo treatment to "buy" time. Back on February 8, (today is February 24) I received the treatment. It brought the pain level down to where I can manage it again. I thought I wasn't going to lose my hair but, starting around the 19th, it has been coming out by the handful! lol

                                                    Treatment starts Monday, February 26. It is 7 weeks of radiation, 35 days...doctors and cancer take weekends off. I find out for sure Monday when they give me a written schedule and go over treatment. They pretty much keep me in the dark until then. Treatment also includes two more chemo... one in the middle and one in the final week of radiation.

I guess I get what I deserve.... but I may as well keep it entertaining. Today is February 24, I am learning patience and humility and gratitude.... thanks to everyone for their concern, kind thoughts, prayers and donations. I am so thankful to live in a country, where a wretched old man like me can flaunt convention and still be offered the best of modern medical scientific help. God bless the USA! For God has certainly blessed me by starting me at this certain time and place

The Go Fund Me effort continues....

I am fighting thru cancer and looking to my future

.
thank you to everybody that reads this and I will try to get back individually with everyone on the Go Fund Me page


No comments:

Post a Comment

Update on my Go Fund Me; my battle with cancer; and my adventure

  LATEST UPDATE      It hurts to eat .... it hurts to talk                                                      HERE IS WHERE WE'RE AT: ...