Tuesday, January 9, 2024

writing off into the sunset

 

The latest "but" in my bicycle journey....




         so this is where cancer butted in....

I didn't finish my trailer

I didn't ride off into the sunset

  I was soooo close
but....
            
            I bit down on this stupid chicken bone and got and got ....a splinter stuck in my head....

so close.... 

            I made numerous adjustments to the trailer design....I want to give a special thanks to Gary for welding... I'm pretty sure he was getting tired of all the adjustments and readjustments


and welding...

After changes and tests and changes and tests


I was finally down to reattaching the motor and testing it...for what I believed would be the final test before departing on my trip'
drum roll please

but....

that stupid chicken bone started hurting like hell

24/7 pain
I couldn't sleep well
            My ear would hurt, my tongue would hurt, I kept biting my tongue when I was eating.  It was horribly distracting. It messed with my sleep. I would fall asleep hurting and wake up hurting. All motivation about the trailer and trip evaporated by the constant pain. Then my tongue started to tingle and go numb on one side, and I started talking (I'm sure this is not politically correct - no offense meant) like a freakin' retard! Then my stupid tongue doesn't work right on my left side when I'm chewing food and I'm eating like a... (well, hopefully you get the picture)

This caused me to rethink social security and medicare...     
                       !! READ ALL ABOUT IT !!          
            I retired in July at 70. I thought I didn't need or want social security or Medicare. I was going to build my trailer, hop on my e bike and ride off into the sunset. 

I know, I know what a dumb idea...and I called that my plan.



.
Now I ain't scared of dyin'




            but....
yet another "but" in this old man's saga
    
            .... I really don't like pain. I can tolerate a good deal of pain...But this chicken bone was killing me. So, I thought I will go ahead and sign up for Social Security and Medicare. But the pain was too much, so I went to see a dentist .... told her about the bone.... she couldn't see anything on the x-ray. She sent me to a dental surgeon...nothing he could do. My dentist recommended that I see my primary doctor.... I don't have one. Oh, did I forget to tell you I haven't been to a doctor in years. I have no insurance. I always figured if something was gonna kill me, it would kill me. I didn't want to pay some doctor to tell me.... we all gotta go sometime. 


Like I said I can tolerate a good deal of pain ....
but I don't like pain     
SO I wait to hear from S.S. and Medicare.

Now, I am getting Social Security and Medicare....and starting February 2nd I have Medicare Part A and B and D and any other alphabet I should find need of, plus I now have insurance from United Healthcare. UCHealth is meeting with me in a few days, January 31, to go over treatment options. They have also offered to pay for all my treatment. This does not mean an end to my GoFundME, so I would still appreciate your support. 


           And continue writing to see what interest I can snare  
Writing off into the sunset...
            This doesn't mean an end to my trailer or trip. I'm just putting that on hold until I can see a doctor or learn to live with the pain and drool. I can quit talking outloud and just talk in my various posts. (I get as much feedback either way) Mostly I feel like I'm talking to myself anyway...

            I guess what I am still looking for is people to follow me on 


Jerry White x @tribaltrust1

Jerry White


so please comment or subscribe

and subscribe to my substack

     The comment section and subscribe buttons work on the substack account. Nothing seems to work properly on this blog. If you could go to substack and give me some feedback, some insight in to how these portals can be improved....or just say HI so I know people are reading. ... or some word of encouragement.... or even discouragement because that would be more encouraging than nothing.




                                             click here READ ALL ABOUT IT


No comments:

Post a Comment

Update on my Go Fund Me; my battle with cancer; and my adventure

  LATEST UPDATE      It hurts to eat .... it hurts to talk                                                      HERE IS WHERE WE'RE AT: ...